Airsoft-Authority
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Airsoft-Authority

Airsofter Heaven!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UTG MK23 review

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2007-09-16

UTG MK23 review Empty
PostSubject: UTG MK23 review   UTG MK23 review EmptySun Sep 16, 2007 11:17 am

INTRODUCTION: Well, earlier today I was in Knoxville, so we stopped at my local airsoft store. I went there looking for an HFC G17, but I ended up buying a UTG MK23 for about $20. So far I think it was a pretty good buy.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: When I took the gun out of the box as I got home, I was suprised by the gun's weight: a little lighter than I anticipated, but still pretty heavy, it weighs about 1.5 lbs, much like my UHC 1911. The MK23 is kind of lacking in metal parts, but hey, what do you expect? It's just a spring pistol. The only metal parts I could see was the trigger(not 100% sure though), and the safety switch. It came with a full metal mock supressor, and an extra magazine. The gun itself is big, with and without the supressor. I think it is about the same size as a Desert Eagle. The lower frame of the gun is black, while the slide is a nice grayish color, much like the real gun. The magazine realease is a little lever beneath the trigger guard, and it takes some getting use to, as I am more accustomed to 1911s and Berretas.

MAGAZINES: The magazines are pretty nice, they hold about 25 rounds each, and you must load them one-by-one, which can get annoying. They are made of plastic, but they do balance out the gun's weight when you put them in.

SUPRESSOR/SILENCER: The supressor is pretty nice, like I said earlier, it is full metal and adds some weight to the gun. But one warning: DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN THE SUPRESSOR!!! YOU WILL BREAK THE GUN'S BARRELL!!!!!!!! Just screw it in until it touches the base of the muzzle, then stop! One downside to the gun: The supressor is metal, but the barrel threads are plastic. So, because of this, I would not reccomend taking the supressor on and off over and over again, as it could make un-needed wear on the barrel threads. I usually keep the supressor on, because 1. It looks better 2. It makes the gun more accurate.

SIGHTS: The UTG MK23's sights are pretty basic. But they do have white dots on them, which gives the gun a more tactical look, and it helps to acquire targets more quickly.

PERFORMANCE: Since i just bought bought the gun today, I have had only a little experience with shooting it. But, I will say this gun is VERY accurate, with and without the supressor. Without the supressor, I can hit a Coke can from abut 80-90 feet away accurately. But with the supressor, I can hit the can from about 100-110 feet away! That's very good for such a cheap gun. As for power, I would say the UTG MK23 shoots about 240-260 FPS, which is what most websites say anyway, but iI still want to chrono it.

CONCLUSION: Overall, the UTG MK23 is a great gun with a solid feel, and great performance! I would reccomend this gun to anybody wanting a good, cheap spring pistol! Most stores and websites sell then for about $20-30.

PROS:

.nice weight

.solid feel

.pretty powerful for a spring pistol

.crazy accurate

.great range

.includes full metal supressor, which adds accuracy and range

.includes extra mag

.good mag capacity (25-26 rounds)

.good sights

.open ejection port (adds realism)

CONS:

.big (same size as a Deagle)

.mostly plastic (but good quality plastic)

.have to load BBs one-by-one (easy to overload by accident)

.ugly seam line underneath the gun

.unconventional mag realease (I'm more used to buttons)

.be careful not to overtighten supressor!

.no locking slide (lose realism)

.barrel threads are plastic (easy to increase wear on barrel if you constantly take off and on the supressor)
Back to top Go down
https://airsoft-authority.forumotion.com/
Admin
Admin
Admin

UTG MK23 review Empty
PostSubject: Re: UTG MK23 review   UTG MK23 review EmptyFri Oct 12, 2007 11:10 am

*UPDATE* Gun is broken. Yeah, it made a cracking and breaking noise when I tried to cock it today. So, anyway, I opened it up, and saw that the guide rod was snapped in half, and the spring was bent. Overall, the gun lasted a little over a month. BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!
Back to top Go down
Airsoftguy087
Moderator/Stargate Freak
Airsoftguy087

Number of posts : 208

UTG MK23 review Empty
PostSubject: Re: UTG MK23 review   UTG MK23 review EmptyFri Oct 12, 2007 11:38 am

How many rounds did it last?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

UTG MK23 review Empty
PostSubject: Re: UTG MK23 review   UTG MK23 review EmptyFri Oct 12, 2007 12:19 pm

I'd say about 500-600.
Back to top Go down
Snip3r
Snail Hugger
Snip3r

Number of posts : 220

UTG MK23 review Empty
PostSubject: Re: UTG MK23 review   UTG MK23 review EmptyFri Oct 12, 2007 3:18 pm

That about 200-300 more rounds than my HFC shotgun.
Back to top Go down
http://www.goarmy.com/flindex.jsp
CQBer
CQBer

Number of posts : 418

UTG MK23 review Empty
PostSubject: Re: UTG MK23 review   UTG MK23 review EmptyFri Oct 12, 2007 6:33 pm

that thing broke already, DANG!!!! only a month my first gun lasted 3 years!!!!(it was a M9 crosman)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=SargeandSniper1
Sponsored content

UTG MK23 review Empty
PostSubject: Re: UTG MK23 review   UTG MK23 review Empty

Back to top Go down

UTG MK23 review
Page 1 of 1