Airsoft-Authority
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Airsoft-Authority

Airsofter Heaven!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End?

Go down 
+6
CQBer
Senor Awesome
OmD
Airsoftguy087
emokid
Admin
10 posters

Is TM A High-End
Yes
Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End? Vote_lcap71%Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End? Vote_rcap
 71% [ 10 ]
No
Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End? Vote_lcap0%Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Kind Of
Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End? Vote_lcap21%Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End? Vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
I Don't Care
Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End? Vote_lcap7%Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End? Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2007-09-16

Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End? Empty
PostSubject: Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End?   Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 6:18 pm

Vote then explain further. Be ready to back up your statements! So, do you think TM is really a high-end to you?
This will NOT become a "TM vs x-brand" thread! This is strictly to discuss Tokyo Marui!
Back to top Go down
https://airsoft-authority.forumotion.com/
emokid
emokid

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2007-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End?   Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 6:37 pm

HECK YES!!!! They are the most reliable brand stock. They can last a long time if you leave the gear box alone. The downside is that they don't shoot at 280, more like 255-263fps. I have the ak47 and it's beast.
Back to top Go down
Airsoftguy087
Moderator/Stargate Freak
Airsoftguy087

Number of posts : 208

PostSubject: Re: Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End?   Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 7:02 pm

Yes..... I believe they have always been considered a high end. Here, in my opinion, is what it takes to be a high end:

Durability. If you have a gun that shoots like a systema, but only last 100 BBs, it's still not a good deal.

Performance: If you have a gun that is really reliable but shoots like a mini, you might WISH it would break.

I don't car about internals as much as everything else, but usually if a company goes to the trouble of putting all kinds of trades and stuff on the gun, it's probably cause they have good internals. But I really just need a gun to be realistic. As long as it isn't in a clear plastic body, it's fine. (Well, ...... kinda....)
Back to top Go down
OmD

OmD

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End?   Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 7:23 pm

I can only say their reliability and their price would qualify them as a high end. If you buy one, you probably got ripped off.
Back to top Go down
Senor Awesome
Moderator/Baseball Junkie
Senor Awesome

Number of posts : 218

PostSubject: Re: Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End?   Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 7:25 pm

Any particular reasons?
Back to top Go down
http://www.airsoftzone.forummotion.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 315

PostSubject: Re: Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End?   Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 7:28 pm

I voted Yes.
Reasons:
1. Excellent hop-up=great range and accuracy, with the sacrifice of lower velocity.
2. All-around good internals
3. Excellent reliabilty
4. One of the oldest and most respected airsoft company (hey, they were the first company to make an AEG)

@OmD: I'm curious to see why you think you'd be getting ripped off with buying a TM.
Back to top Go down
https://airsoft-authority.forumotion.com/
OmD

OmD

PostSubject: Re: Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End?   Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 7:34 pm

^^ They are a rip off imo because they run upwards of 250$ for a plastic bodied AEG with average internals. The QC is there, no doubt, but it is not worth the 250$ asking price.

Now in AG's case, TM is really his only option for a P90, which I can under stand. But why would some one want to buy lets say, and MP5, or a G36, or a M4/M16. When CA, ICS, G&G and G&P have full metal bodied, high performance versions of the replicas mentioned above, for only 20-30$ more?
Back to top Go down
CQBer
CQBer

Number of posts : 418

PostSubject: Re: Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End?   Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 7:35 pm

TM is kind of a high-end. Their duribilty is great, but (I am just voicing my opinion here) who wants to spend x amount of dollars for a TM when you can get a CA for the same price (Im not saying that CA is better or anything like that).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=SargeandSniper1
Senor Awesome
Senor Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End?   Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 7:36 pm

Because they WILL last longer, and with a tuned hop-up, are not too far behind CA, if not better, in terms of range.
Back to top Go down
emokid
emokid

PostSubject: Re: Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End?   Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 7:43 pm

OmD wrote:
I can only say their reliability and their price would qualify them as a high end. If you buy one, you probably got ripped off.

Hahaha......no. I bought one and it's performance is outstanding. Perhaps you just got a bad one. And to your other post, maybe people can't get $20-$30 more. And not ALL marui guns are plastic, the thompson, type89(I think), the mac11 looks like it, and the ak74m deffinately is.

Last edited by on Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Senor Awesome
Senor Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End?   Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 7:44 pm

He dosent have one, I think you are alone in that aspect right now
Back to top Go down
Airsoftguy087
Moderator/Stargate Freak
Airsoftguy087

PostSubject: Re: Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End?   Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 9:50 pm

I believe that the laws in Japan prevent TM from having metal AEGs.
Back to top Go down
mp5a5ris

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End?   Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 9:59 pm

Last edited by mp5a5ris on Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OmD

OmD

PostSubject: Re: Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End?   Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 11:18 pm

Airsoftguy087 wrote:
I believe that the laws in Japan prevent TM from having metal AEGs.

Then TM has broken those laws a few times over.
The TM M14 features a full metal receiver.

It is really the only "full metal" gun TM produces.
Back to top Go down
Theprodigy

Theprodigy

Number of posts : 93
Location : noun 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residence
Registration date : 2007-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End?   Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End? EmptySat Dec 01, 2007 12:14 pm

So would getting a TM ak for 140 be a good deal????
Back to top Go down
Airsoftguy087
Moderator/Stargate Freak
Airsoftguy087

PostSubject: Re: Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End?   Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End? EmptySat Dec 01, 2007 1:28 pm

Ummm.... A tm for the price of an Echo 1, Yeah, thats a pretty good deal.
Back to top Go down
scud

scud

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End?   Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End? EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 8:46 pm

the prices say TM's high end. =P
Back to top Go down
Airsoftguy087
Moderator/Stargate Freak
Airsoftguy087

PostSubject: Re: Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End?   Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 2:45 pm

Ok, now that I have had my P90 for a while, I will tell you what I like/dont like in more detail:

Pros:
Performance is outstanding. Accuracy is better than my friends Echo1s, which also gives it better range. ROF is very nice, even with the upgraded spring. Externals are about as good as you can get without going metal. The plastic is very strong, and the trades gove it more realism.

Cons:
Either mine was defective, or the people who say plastic spring guides wont break were dead wrong.
It cost twice as much as an Echo1. It took 28 hours of work to pay back my dad.

It IS a high end in my opinion, especially since the accuracy is better that the CA M16 i had the chance of firing. (And P90 disassembly is "So easy, a Caveman could do it. Wink )
Back to top Go down
emokid
emokid

PostSubject: Re: Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End?   Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 3:26 pm

Ok, who's the idiot that said plastic spring guides won't break?
Back to top Go down
airsoftthing

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End?   Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End? EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 6:16 pm

It is a high end brand. It has excellent internals and great hop up. The low velocity is because of Japanese law limits the power of the guns. It cannot be more than 1 joule
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End?   Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do You think Tokyo Marui Is High-End?
Page 1 of 1