Airsoft-Authority
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Airsoft-Authority

Airsofter Heaven!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2007-09-16

OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!!   OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! EmptyWed Dec 19, 2007 9:48 pm

Back to top Go down
https://airsoft-authority.forumotion.com/
emokid
emokid

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2007-11-14

PostSubject: Re: OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!!   OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! EmptyWed Dec 19, 2007 10:16 pm

There is a review somewhere. But that gun is seam city.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!!   OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! EmptyWed Dec 19, 2007 10:32 pm

If i do buy it, I'll mostly use it as a wall-hanger or movie prop.

And, here is the review: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=129795
Back to top Go down
Airsoftguy087
Moderator/Stargate Freak
Airsoftguy087

Number of posts : 208

PostSubject: Re: OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!!   OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! EmptyWed Dec 19, 2007 11:57 pm

The link doesn't work, because I don't have an Arnies account. I tried to get one, but they rejected my email, even though its completely real.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!!   OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! EmptyThu Dec 20, 2007 8:04 am

Well, then:

Quote :
Damen und Herren,
Lassen Sie mich.....
Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz

By DBoyi Airsoft
Review by Guinness

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the "WWII01" otherwise known as the Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz (KAR98k)

This is a brief mini-review of the new product offering by DBoyi from their new WWII Series.

OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! Img-resized Reduced: 51% of original size [ 1000 x 654 ] - Click to view full image
OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! DBoyiKAR98Deck1a_sml

Real Steel History

Much has been written about the venerable KAR98k and it is has been well known in Airsoft circles for years from both the Tanaka Works and the Marushin replicas, so I won't delve into great detail here.

From the Wikipedia entry on the Mauser KAR98k:

"The Karabiner 98k was a bolt-action rifle with Mauser-type action holding five rounds of 7.92x57mm Mauser on a stripper clip, loaded into an internal magazine. It was derived from earlier rifles, namely the Karabiner 98b, which in turn had been developed from the Mauser Model 1898. The Gewehr 98 or Model 1898 took its principles from the Lebel Model 1886 rifle with the improvement of a metallic magazine of five cartridges. Since the rifle was shorter than the earlier carbines, it was given the designation Karabiner 1898 Kurz, meaning "Short Carbine Model 1898". The standard Karabiner 98k iron sights could be regulated for ranges from 100 m up to 2000 m in 100 m increments.

The rifle was noted for its good accuracy and effective up to 500 meters (547 yards) with iron sights. For this reason, rifles selected for being exceptionally accurate during factory tests, were also fitted with a telescopic sight as sniper rifles. Karabiner 98k sniper rifles had an effective range up to 800 meters (875 yards) when used by a skilled sniper. The German Zeiss Zielvier 4x (ZF39) telescopic sight had bullet drop compensation in 50 m increments for ranges from 100 m up to 800 m or in some variations from 100 m up to 1000 m. There were also ZF 42, Zeiss Zielsechs 6x and other telescopic sights by various manufacturers with similar features employed on Karabiner 98k sniper rifles."

Airsoft Replica

DBoyi decided to 'clone' the older, 6mm design for their first in what appears to be a 'series' of WWII offerings. Although I was hoping there would be preview models or perhaps a list of the upcoming offerings from DBoyi in the manual, no such luck. We will just have to wait and see what they bring to market next.

The package arrived bright and early on my doorstep this morning, after an interminable wait of......2 whole days! from my friend Johnny at Boomarms

...I really have to speak with him about his shipping times OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! Tongue

I ordered the gun sort of on impulse Tuesday evening, and here I am today playing with what so far, appears to be a very worthy Airsoft replica.

Price: $125 shipped to my door including express shipping- Did I say I love BoomArms yet? OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! Wink

OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! Img-resized Reduced: 58% of original size [ 879 x 515 ] - Click to view full image
OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! KAR1a_sml
OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! KAR18_sml
Included two page Manual- "You may be punished if you are shooting for a practical joke"....Classic- I have a new sig tagline OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! Wink

The packaging says "Built Material: Metal and ABS" and I already knew that the 'wood' furniture was supposed to be ABS, however based on reports from previous owners of the Marushin 6mm Mauser, I was expecting the receiver and much of the guns mechanicals to be plastic as well.

I was very pleasantly surprised. More on that shortly.

Upon ripping the standard green wrapping paper off....hmm that reminds me... I need wrapping paper for Christmas.....oh sorry OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! Ohmy

And then opening the DBoyi's box itself, I was greeted by the most 'authentic' looking ABS wood I have ever seen. I hope the images included in this review will do justice to what they have created.

OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! Img-resized Reduced: 51% of original size [ 989 x 574 ] - Click to view full image
OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! DBoyiKAR98wBox1a_sml
OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! Img-resized Reduced: 58% of original size [ 871 x 537 ] - Click to view full image
OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! KAR2_sml

The 'Meat' Of The Review

Appearance: Stock And Furniture

Well, as I stated above, this is the best looking faux wood I have ever had on an Airsoft gun- much better than anything Tokyo Marui has produced to be certain. The manual lists all the parts of the gun on its back and it calls the wood 'Teak' now, I'm not entirely sure, but I expect that this manual is a direct copy of the original Marushin manual, but I can assure you this is not 'Teak'. The 'grain' certainly is good, but it has a somewhat darker, almost Walnut cast to it, Even with color correction the pictures here still give it a bit redder shade than it actually has in person.

Now, that said, while as you can see the furniture is very nice, it's not entirely with out issues.

OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! Img-resized Reduced: 66% of original size [ 774 x 519 ] - Click to view full image
OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! KAR4_sml
Poorly applied 'swirl grain' effect
OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! Img-resized Reduced: 66% of original size [ 774 x 518 ] - Click to view full image
OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! KAR5_sml
A bit further down the stock
OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! Img-resized Reduced: 82% of original size [ 622 x 418 ] - Click to view full image
OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! KAR14_sml
Both sides, looks like someone had sticky hands
OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! Img-resized Reduced: 82% of original size [ 620 x 418 ] - Click to view full image
OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! KAR17_sml
Seam City.... OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! Sad
OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! Img-resized Reduced: 82% of original size [ 621 x 420 ] - Click to view full image
OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! KAR16_sml
Ugh....

The images above show 2 issues I'm not entirely thrilled about.

1.) In what I believe was their attempt to create the swirls and the different color variations and grain patterns of real wood, it really just looks like someone was holding the gun with a glove while they applied the paint and some of that paint was botched during the process- I can see the effect they were trying for, but well...I'm just glad I'll be weathering the gun- let's just say that.

2.) Seams. In my book, there is really nothing that ruins a replica more than seeing the seams where something was fit together. This stock really needs a lot of work in that regard. Right now, my plan is to probably sand everything down first and foremost to remove any burrs and ridges where the halves meet, and then likely go over the seams with some good wood putty to fill in. Of course I will take plenty of pictures of that process to share.

Part II DBoyi KAR98kFollows

Last edited by on Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!!   OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! EmptyThu Dec 20, 2007 8:06 am

Quote :
Part II
Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz
OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! Img-resized Reduced: 50% of original size [ 1024 x 662 ] - Click to view full image
OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! DBoyiKAR98Deck2a_sml

The 'Meat' of the Review continued

The Gun: Metal or Plastic?

As mentioned in Part I, I was prepared for a nice metal bolt and plastic bits everywhere else. I am happy to report that is not the case. The Bolt, the Receiver, Breech, Outer Barrel, Rear Sight, Trigger Guard, Trigger, Barrel bands, Front Sight, Sight Hood, Cleaning Rod, Bayonet Lug, Cupped Butt Plate,....are all metal.

And oh yeah, 5 silver-colored metal shell casings.

What isn't metal is that black piece that sticks in between the front barrel band and the rear barrel band- that is plastic.

And the furniture, we already mentioned that.

OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! Img-resized Reduced: 66% of original size [ 773 x 521 ] - Click to view full image
OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! KAR9_sml
OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! Img-resized Reduced: 72% of original size [ 708 x 520 ] - Click to view full image
OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! KAR7_sml
View of Bolt face looking toward rear of Receiver
OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! Img-resized Reduced: 55% of original size [ 923 x 621 ] - Click to view full image
OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! KAR10_sml
OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! KAR13a_sml
Magazine Well with floor plate and follower removed
OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! Img-resized Reduced: 88% of original size [ 578 x 513 ] - Click to view full image
OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! KAR8a_sml
Stock end and metal buttplate

Let me just say here that I have not torn into the guns mechanicals yet- I wanted to get this mini review done and pictures up for folks that are anticipating a purchase.

So I haven't removed the bolt from the receiver yet to inspect the spring etc.

The gun works on the 'Push Cocking' spring charging method, which means rather than pulling the spring to cock the gun and set the trigger as the bolt is pulled to the rear, it instead pulls easily, then requires pushing effort to cock it as the bolt is returned home and loads the shell into the breech. With practice this can become a fluid motion.

But here are a few closeups of the left side of the receiver :OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! Smile

OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! Img-resized Reduced: 82% of original size [ 623 x 420 ] - Click to view full image
OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! KAR11_sml
Gun 'Safe', Not Cocked
OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! Img-resized Reduced: 82% of original size [ 623 x 419 ] - Click to view full image
OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! KAR12_sml
Spring Visible, Gun is Armed

Testing

So, as I always say right about here...... I'm not cool enough to own a chrono yet...... :OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! Smile

It's still true- So I do the 'Coke Can Bottom' test- 8-) The DBoyi KAR98k does not perforate the bottom of a aluminium can from 1 foot away.

It will go through the side of a can from up to 4 feet away.

Sorry as usual for the lack of truly 'Scientific' data. But here is a target test- 5 shots from 32 feet.

The very first shot was pretty much the proverbial 'Bulls Eye'! But I think I pulled the rest of the shots.

Followup data this weekend as I break the gun in- One note- the receiver and breech were coated in a pretty thick grease- I really don't think it was white lithium, so I am going to clean all of that mess out, re-grease with quality white lithium.

More to come as I use the gun-

OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! KAR21_sml
Conclusion

All in all I must echo what I have come to believe and say with pretty much all of the Chinese product I have been reviewing lately.

This gun is an great value for the money.

Yes, it will take some 'tweaking' here and there, I'm very anxious to get it on a chrono and get accurate readings so I know if I need to mess with the spring to get a little more 'juice' or as I suspect based on most of the clone products, It is likely in the 300-330 range already. We'll see.

Also expect me to do my usual work of weathering and aging to the stock- Who knows how long it will actually live in this plastic stock, but in the meantime I am going to make her look like all my other "veterans"

As far as the question of skirmishability goes, As has been said elsewhere, with these shell casings, it's probably not going to be a realistic battlefield weapon. Especially here in Colorado where the shells will get lost on the ground and underbrush (or Snow) very quickly.

This is really a plinker or Reenactment loadout weapon to carry, but probably not use a lot.

For the WWII Airsoft reenactor that needs a backup rifle or something to have for target practice, you can't beat it for the price. So far its a hell of a lot of fun, and I don't even do German gear!

As mentioned at the beginning, it appears from the packaging that DBoyi is planning on an entire WWII line of weapons, not much detail is available anywhere currently, and there are no 'clues' on the included manual or printed material that accompanied the KAR98.

Also worth mentioning, the guns comes with 250 .2 6mm BB's and......that's it. No strap, no stripper clip either which I really expected, oh well.

Positives:
-Best looking faux wood furniture I've seen
-Metal Receiver, and 99% of the rest of the gun
-6mm 'old school' gun
-Great value for your Airsoft dollar

Negatives:
-Plastic instead of wood furniture
-Older 'push spring' design, upgrade issues?
-Furniture finish could still be better
-BB's in shell-casing design- lose shells easily
-No accessories with purchase, just bbs

Still, I am happy with the Mauser and see a lot of potential for this rifle, just not on the battlefield against AEGS so much. Given enough spare shells (at about $3 USD a piece) and a keen eye, maybe- It would still be a lot of fun.

Many thanks to Boomarms, and Arnies Airsoft.
Slainte!
Back to top Go down
mafiafran

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-08-12

PostSubject: Re: OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!!   OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 6:47 am

I tried to get one, but they rejected my email, even though its completely real.

Rugby union betting
Accept US players
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!!   OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

OMG!!!!! Dboys Kar98k Spring Rifle!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1